Week 4---Not my favorite week...
Friday: Ride n Run
Sunday : SL5
Hip: 39.25 (Down .75")
Waist: 30 (Down 1")
Calf: 14.5 (Up .25")
Bust: 37 (Same)
Thigh: 22 (Down .5")
Arm: 11.5 (Down .5")
Wt: 145 (Up 1.5 from last week)
Rough week. I am having a lot of trouble staying motivated to eat less food. I am still eating healthily 90% of the time, but as soon as my mileage increased, so did my appetite. I crave meat and salt. My weight inching up, even a little, really bothers me. My measurements going down offset the depression a little, but I need to recommit to giving 100%. Maybe some of the weight is muscle/fluid? Who knows...
L10 was not good today either. To make a long story short, my right IT Band shut me down today. I ran about 3.5mi, started having pain, and then stupidly insisted on pushing myself when I probably should have gone home and tried it another day. I made it until 8.5mi, and then I knew I had entered the "do I want to be seriously injured" zone. I walked the last 1.5mi.
I have come up with a plan to deal with my minor irritation----not willing to call it a setback yet.
1. We ran a very hilly 6 miles to start out. It wasn't intentional, we just live around some decent inclines. Ironically enough, it is the exact same location that I got hurt last time. I told Traci that I am NEVER running that stretch again. It was only the 2nd time I have ever run it, and so far I'm two for two.
2. I ran 4 miles yesterday, at a 10min/mile pace. I don't usually run back to back days. I also don't usually run that fast---not since last fall.
3. I haven't been ice-ing or using my foam roller the last two weeks. I felt so good that I just didn't bother.
How To Recover:
1. Ice 4 - 5 times a day.
2. Ibuprofen every 6 -8 hrs for 3 days.
3. Taking a break until Monday morning.
4. If I still am having issues after that, I will just be in the pool for a couple of weeks: aqua jogging, lap swimming.....as long as the time in the pool matches the time I would have spent running, it will still keep me in line with my training.
I am not happy, but not freaked out either. It is what it is. I hate to jinx myself, but I think I'll be fine. I just need to get back in the game mentally.