A few random, unimportant thoughts:
1. I am tired all of the time. Why is this? I thought exercise should make one more energetic? I think maybe we have crossed the fine line between "exercise" and needing clearance from a cardiologist to continue an activity. Do you realize that we're running 24 miles this week? Blechh.
2. And for superhuman tricks, I am now my own heart rate monitor. That's right. I know immediately when my heart rate goes above 170. I feel it differently in my chest. I tested my theory out on my last 3 runs, and sure enough, I am right every time.
I don't think this is desirable, feeling your heart beat hard in your chest.
3. Does anyone else now watch their trip odometer in their car? On weekends, I have to clock mileage all day for my job, and I get so disguisted when I drive FOREVER, and look down to realize that it was only 14.9 miles. Not encouraging, people...
4. Also, I know this is whiny, but I don't feel like running 16 miles this week. Refer to #1.
5. Oh, and one more thing. When I was 22 I had a mustang that always had a "check engine" light on. But the car was fine. Being a single, working gal, I did not want to go to a mechanic to have the light shut off. But it really bothered me. So I put a piece of electrical tape over it so that I didn't have to look at it any more. (That denial thing is quite the coping mechanism, let me tell you.) This made any man who saw it either roll his eyes, or laugh like crazy. Well, that's how I'm starting to feel about this little countdown until the marathon that rolls in the sidebar. Like I want to put a piece of tape over it and sing "LALALALA".
Okay, rant over.