Let's discuss my running style. (Sorry to be a blog whore, but I've got a lot to say tonight.)
This is how I prepared to run 18 months ago:
1. Put on shoes.
This is how I run now:
1. Tape left foot.
2. Put on heart monitor.
3. Put on very expensive shoes, very carefully, in order not to knock off my dying toenail.
4. Put on Garmin watch. Find satellites.
5. Fill Camelbak with water.
6. Lock cellphone and tuck it in Camelbak. (I have learned that it really is safer to carry it.)
7. Put on iPod if running alone.
8. Pack Gu if running more than 7 or 8 miles.
This is becoming quite the process. Think it will ever be carefree again?